|| Aum Vaasthosh-pathe Prati Jaanidyasmaan Swawesho Anamee Vo Bhavaan Yathve Mahe Prathi-thanno Jushasva Shanno Bhava Dwipadhesham Chatushpadhe Swaha ||
Vaastu Shastra is a system of an architecture according to certain traditions of Hinduism, which literally means “science of architecture” in translation. This is a Shastra containing texts that describe principles of measurements, design, ground preparation, spatial geometry, layout and space arrangement found on the Indian subcontinent. Vaastu, on dissecting the word gives Vas and Tun, which mean an art of house construction. The term Vaastu may also have been derived from the word ‘vastva’ meaning something providing shelter. Vaastu signifies the all the five elements that consist life united in a proportion. Vaastu Purush or Kaal Purush is the deity of Vaastu Mantra, who is the presiding deity of any premise. It means the energy or soul of a place.
How To establish the Yantra:
Mistakes in construction and not following the rules of flow of energy and directions of energy of the major five elements, known as the panch mahabhuta, namely, earth, fire, water, space and air lead to vaastu dosha. However, it can be fixed by repeated chanting of vaastu mantra and correct use of Vaastu Yantra. A yantra, according to vaastu shastra, should be placed facing the south / south east direction in room in the north / north east direction. However, this does not apply to Vaastu Yantra as it should be facing north east in the south west corner of the house.
· Yantra should be placed in the morning according to the directions provided after taking bath.
· Any auspicious morning can be chosen to install the yantra. Sincere devotion and worship will bring many rewards to the family.
· Chanting the deity mantra, offering a flower and lighting incense or oil lamp is also advised.
The following mantras should be chanted at least 9 times:
Namaste Vaastu Purushaay Bhooshayyaa Bhirat Prabho |
Madgriham Dhan Dhaanyaadi Samriddham Kuru Sarvada ||
Om Vaastoshpate Prati Jaanidyasmaan Swaawesho Anamee Vo Bhavaan Yatve
Mahe Pratitanno Jushasva Sahnno Bhav Dvipade Sham Chatushpade Swaahaa |
Guidelines for the Pooja:
· It should be washed with milk, water or rose water and then wiped with a clean cloth.
· The Yantra should be placed on an altar facing north or east, keeping the center of the yantra at eye level.
· Apply sandalwood paste followed by kumkum in the middle and the edge of the yantra. Consecrate the fruits of this practice to God whole-heartedly.
· Light a ghee lamp or a candle along with an incense stick in the altar in front of the yantra and begin the pooja. Chant the mantras mentioned above along with the below mentioned mantras with concentration and as many times as possible, whether it’s 9 or 109 times.
Om Vaastoshpate Pratarano Na Edhi Gayasphaano Gobhi Rashve Bhirido Ajaraasaste Sakhye Syaam Pitev Putraanpratinno Jushashya Shanno Bhav Dvipade Sham Chatushpade Swaahaa |
Om Vaastoshpate Dhruvaasthoonaam Sanam Saubhyaa Naam Drapso Bhettaa Puraam Shashvatee Naa Minkshe Muninaam Sakhaa Swaahaa |
· A tulsi-mala as a rosary for chanting vaastu mantra can be used.
· Flowers used for the pooja can be peet puspa, meaning yellow, like a sunflower.
· It is also preferable to use peet asana ( yellow seat ) and peet vastra ( yellow cloth/es ) for the pooja.
· Change in color of the yantra can be expected due to excessive use after a certain period of time but the power of the yantra will not diminish, nor will the yantra energy dissolve.
Significance/ Practical Benefits:
The Vaastu Yantra is used to eradicate all ill-effects of vaastu dosh from the location, whether it is a residence or office. It helps combat all negative influences due to vaastu faults about location, situation, direction etc. Since an entire renovation process is not always possible, vaastu dosh is not rectified or cured easily. With the vaastu yantra, it becomes possible to cure all the problems and also reap positive benefits of Vaastu yantra. It can be kept anywhere whether it’s a residence, or a place of work, whether it’s an office or a shop. This Yantra strongly yet positively shows effect regarding attainment of power, authority and financial success. It also bestows favour from the government, leaders, & officials and helps gain popularity. It is a great idea for a gift whether it’s Diwali, Christmas, or New Year to friends and family.
According to the Scriptures
The vaastu yantra helps make the human life on earth easier and peaceful, curbing the negative effects of vaastu dosha. These objects of God have proven their utility time and again to the needy and are fast gaining popularity among the non-believers as well.
While shastras have been a part of Indian culture like the vedas for centuries, Yantras have been a part of Tibetan and other North-eastern cultures from the beginning of time too. They have often been used as an object of meditation, prayer and sometimes even path leading to the ultimate objective, being one with God, attaining Moksha.